The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Engineering and the Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering (CCEE) offers a unique opportunity to earn a Master of Engineering (MEng) degree with a concentration in Construction Engineering Management (CEM) to qualified working professionals who have completed a regionally accredited undergraduate degree from any U.S. College or University. See the video and bullet listings for more detailed information.
- Increase your earning and promotion potential with a MEng degree with a concentration in CEM.
- The 30-hour degree can be completed online in 19 months (12-month option available).
- This degree is a great alternative to an MBA for working professionals in construction and/or engineering careers.
- This is a multi-discipline graduate program (no Engineering prerequisites).
- No entrance exam (i.e., GRE or GMAT) required for students with qualifying degrees.
- Designed for individuals who want to interact with peers using state-of-the-art online instructional methods.
- Learn from instructors with years of industry experience.
- You must have a B.S. or B.A. (any discipline) acquired from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
- International students are required to have a bachelor’s in engineering or a science-related field and submit TOEFL or IELTS
- Advanced Project Management
- Construction Estimating and Bidding
- Construction Liability and Contracts
- Construction Methods and Equipment
- Techniques of Project Planning and Control
- Green Building Design/Construction
- Advanced Construction and Engineering Economics
- 19 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Construction Management View 67 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Three letters of recommendation are required.
- Request one official transcript to be submitted electronically or mailed by each post-secondary issuing institution to the UAB Graduate School
- Students must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a science-related degree. GRE scores are not required for international students, however students who have taken the GRE may upload their scores
- International students must also submit English language proficiency test scores. For information regarding TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English language proficiency test scores, please visit the UAB Graduate School.
International23134 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1221 USD per credit during 19 months.
National21618 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1141 USD per credit during 19 months.
In-State9132 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 482 USD per credit during 19 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.