This Health Education and Promotion program at The City University of New York prepares students to meet the expanding need for health education professionals capable of working with the community in a variety of public, private, and professional settings. Graduates of the program may also find career opportunities as health advocates, program planners and evaluators, case managers, policy analysts and health administrators.
This degree may also be suitable for individuals such as nurses, social workers, physician assistants or allied health personnel who wish to enhance their qualifications. Upon completion of the degree, students are eligible to sit for the CHES (Certified Health Education Specialist) or MCHES exam (Master Certified Health Education Specialist), a national credential awarded by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing.Students also may complete the degree program entirely online by taking online courses only. The online-only option is not available to students studying on an F1 Visa.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Health Education
- Field Experience in Health Education
- Teaching Strategies for Community Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Health Sciences View 3632 other Masters in Education in United States
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Have completed an approved program of study with a minimum average of approximately B (3.0) in the major and B- (2.7) overall.
- Submit three letters of recommendation (including one from a professor from your undergraduate degree program).
- Submit a personal goal statement.
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.