Courses of study include agricultural and culinary history as well as sociological, cultural, political, economic, and geographic examinations of food production and consumption with four concentrations that span the food system, plus a dual degree M.A. in Food Studies + MBA opportunity.
Eden Hall Campus and our hands-on curriculum bring learning to life. Students get involved with research opportunities with faculty and have placements with organizations during summer internships that provide real-world experience.
The Food Studies program thrives because of its involvement in the food and culinary community in both Pittsburgh and academia, which provide for community-based networks with excellent opportunities for research and involvement.
Chatham's students and alumni are making a difference in our region, across the country, and around the world. Our graduates are creating businesses and bettering communities from their experiences in the Food Studies program.
The Master of Arts in Food Studies is offered by Chatham University.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Food Systems
- Food Access
- Food, Culture History
- Basic Agroecology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 180 other Masters in Food Sciences in United States
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale. Applicants with less than a 3.0 who show extreme promise through other achievements may be granted conditional admission.
- Completed Application Form (found here), which includes submission of the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Essay - In approximately 500 words
- 2 letters of recommendation, preferably from an academic source
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts, sent directly by the institutions
- Additional writing sample (optional, but encouraged)
International20727 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 987 USD per credit during 24 months.
National20727 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 987 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Pittsburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.