Teachers of grades 7 through 12 have specialized knowledge of different subjects at The City University of New York. When you take our program in graduate secondary education, you'll not only gain the tools you need to effectively educate students but you'll also take classes that will enhance your understanding of your specialty, whether it be science, a language, math, or a host of others.
Teachers from Adolescence Science Education (grades 7-12) at The City University of New York play vital roles as mentors in the lives of students, and our department will prepare you to have a positive influence on children. You'll encourage them as they develop their preferences for individual subjects, laying the ground for their future career choices.
More informationVisit official programme website
- This program leads to the Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) degree, Adolescence Science Education (7-12), with specializations for biology teacher, chemistry teacher, earth science teacher, and physics teacher.
- There are two concentrations: concentration A (SED program code 32663) leads to Professional Teacher Certification only; concentration B (SED program code 32662) leads to Initial and Professional Teacher Certification.
- Thirty-three to 37 credits are required for the degree depending on the applicant's previous coursework, teaching experience, and the certificate(s) the applicant holds. Each candidate will be evaluated individually and a program of study will be prescribed. In addition, students must complete a research project under advisement of a faculty member in Secondary Education.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation View 3540 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (applicants who earned a bachelor's degree outside the United States need to submit a 'Course by Course International Transcript Evaluation.'
- Two letters of recommendation
- A brief biographical statement of 500 to 1,000 words describing your reasons for pursuing the specific graduate program to which you are applying and your future professional goals.
- Interview with department
- GRE required
International855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National855 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 855 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- Local students: 5,545 / semester
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.