The department's programs emphasize the following:
- a common, clear vision of good teaching that is apparent in all course work and clinical experiences, and aligned to well-defined standards of practice and performance;
- strong relationships, common knowledge, and shared beliefs among school/community-based and university faculty who work together to provide substantial clinical experiences using a cohort model;
- learning and teaching as social processes with political implications;
- emphasis on social justice and the principles of democracy to ensure the optimal achievement of all students;
- teaching and learning as a life long process.
- courses developed and scheduled to meet the unique needs of adult learners.
- Child Development I: Theories of Child Development
- Literacy Foundations
- Sociocultural Context of Disability and Inclusive Education
- Learning and Development in Children With and Without Disabilities
- Strengthening Partnerships with Families of Children with Disabilities
- Communication, Collaboration and Consultation in Inclusive Early Childhood and Elementary Contexts
- Observation and Assessment of Young Children with Disabilities: Birth to Age 8
- Principles and Practices in Inclusive Early Childhood Education
- Supervised Practicum and Seminar in Inclusive Early Childhood
- Advanced Teaching Practices in Inclusive Early Childhood Education
- Language and Early Literacy Development
- Inclusive Pedagogies for Students with Complex Learning and Behavioral Needs
- Conceptual Foundations of Autism Spectrum Disorders: Bio-Psych-Social Perspectives
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 685 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Complete the online application.
- Send your $60 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts are required from every college or university you have attended – they need to be in their original sealed envelopes.
- GRE scores
- Applicants with a non-US degree: In lieu of a transcript, please submit a course-by-course evaluation along with U.S. degree equivalency information of your coursework from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices.
International1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National1030 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1030 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State713 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 713 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.