The ability to translate useful information into useable information is the goal of this degree and is built upon developing skills and knowledge in:
- Scientific foundation in climate science
- Where to get data and information
- How to place data and information in the context of applications
- Geographical Information Systems
- Problem Solving Skills
About the Program
The Applied Climate program at the University of Michigan culminates with a sponsor-defined “hands-on” project that will expose patterns of problem-solving and will allow you to structure end-to-end systems that link data, information, knowledge, planning, decisions, and actions.
These are skills that students will find they can use in many professions.
- Climate Data Analysis
- Regional Scale Climate
- Climate Practicum
- Principles of GIS
- Remote Sensing for Environmental GIS
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Climate Studies & Meteorology View 255 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in United States
- All international students need to provide TOEFL, MELAB, or IELTS scores.
- However, if you’ve graduated from an undergraduate program where the language of instruction is exclusively English, then the TOEFL requirement is waived.
- Admission decisions will be made by the program adviser, who will evaluate the undergraduate courses previously taken by a student to determine whether the undergraduate degree is appropriate for this program.
International50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 24 months.
National50646 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 50646 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State25230 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25230 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ann Arbor
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.