Graduate students are central to the Program's scholarly and scientific community; their research and teaching contributions are central to our mission.
Overall, these goals are reflected in the graduate program's broad programmatic objectives:
- To bring graduate students rapidly and fully into the collegial, scholarly, scientific, and teaching life of the Geography Department, the ASP, and the University
- To provide a common foundation for graduate research in atmospheric sciences
- To provide a variety of courses to meet student research and training needs, and to support student efforts to find relevant courses outside the department
- To offer opportunities for students to become familiar with current research within the atmospheric sciences;
- To encourage students to engage in academic research presentations and critique
- To support as far as possible the financial needs of graduate students through a variety of teaching and research assistantships, fellowships, and other mechanisms.
- Atmospheric Thermodynamics
- Dynamic Meteorology
- Atmospheric Science or Geography
- Climate System Modeling; Basics and Applications
- Atmospheric Sciences Seminar
- Microclimatology: Boundary Layer Climatology
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology View 42 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United States
- A baccalaureate or professional degree (or equivalent foreign credential) from an accredited college or university, earned by the expected date of entry into your graduate program.
- A minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 scale) for the last degree earned.
- Prerequisite training that will enable you to pursue your program. Evidence usually comes in the form of transcripts or other credentials documenting that you have completed prerequisite academic work.
- Standardized test score (GRE or GMAT) if the score is required by your program. Scores must be sent electronically from the testing agency; faxed or emailed scores are not considered. Note: Scores are valid for five years after your test date.
International38181 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 38181 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National34929 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 34929 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State12425 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12425 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.