The Nutrition program at The City University of New York addresses the academic interests of individuals who wish to become nutrition educators, administrators of programs that provide nutritional services, nutritionists in community centers or private practice, researchers, or interpreters of research for the public.
The M.S. program by itself does not lead to the credentials of Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) or New York State Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist (CDN). Students interested in obtaining these credentials may use a number of the courses in the M.S. program, as well as the courses that are prerequisites to the program, toward meeting the requirements of an ACEND accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD). Admission to the Brooklyn College, graduate level Dietetic Internship is by separate application and is not guaranteed by acceptance to the M.S. program.
Prerequisites for application to the M.S. program can be met by students whose baccalaureate degrees are in fields other than nutrition by taking specified courses.
- Nutritional Biochemistry
- Fundamentals of Epidemiology
- Health Counseling
- Seminar in Clinical Applications of Nutrition Research
- Nutrition and Behavior
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences Biochemistry View 746 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (applicants who earned a bachelor's degree outside the United States need to submit a 'Course by Course International Transcript Evaluation.')
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one academic; the other maybe professional;)
- A one-page essay on your career interests and goals (not personal history.)
- F-1 or J-1 international students must submit English Proficiency Exam
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Local students: $5,545 / semester
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.