In 2024, the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics will require all new Registered Dietitians to have a master's degree. To be competitive in the profession, now is the time to earn your master of science degree in nutrition and dietetics.At Central Michigan University, the program provides advanced training in nutritional sciences for new and experienced professionals to stay current in the field and gain excellent credentials for career advancement. Conduct and analyze research side by side with faculty and gain expertise to better interpret today's scientific literature.Save up to 30 percent of the cost of your master's degree. If you have completed a dietetic internship and haven't received graduate credit for it, you may apply for a maximum of 12 semester hours of Credit by Examination (CBE).
The master's degree in nutrition and dietetics is available in three focuses to match your professional goals: thesis, internship, or course work.
With a Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics from CMU, you'll:
- Complete all your courses online, so you can complete your degree while working or balancing family obligations.
- Benefit from live-streamed delivery of lessons, engaging online discussions and multiple participation formats.
- Gain valuable industry credentials by getting published — CMU has a high publication rate for student capstone projects and peer-reviewed journals.
- Learn from a faculty team with nationally-recognized experts in sub-disciplinary nutrition fields; most courses are taught by Ph.D. faculty who are Registered Dietitians.
- Advanced Clinical Nutrition
- Advanced Nutritional Assessment
- Dietetic Internship: Clinical Experience
- Dietetic Internship: Foodservice Administration Experience
- Dietetic Internship: Summary Experience
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Rolling Admission
- 31 - 37 credits
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Health Sciences View 743 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Along with the application, you’ll need to submit a $50 application fee
- Submit a copy of your passport
- Submit proof of English proficiency or your intent to study English upon arrival – unless you are from an exempted country where English is the primary language of instruction.
- You also may demonstrate English proficiency by completing the English studies program through CMU's English Language Institute.
- Applicants must provide a third-party course-by-course credential evaluation and document verification
International11470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 925 USD per credit during 30 months.
National9002 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 30 months.
In-State9002 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 726 USD per credit during 30 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.