The Geographic Information Science (Certificate NDP) program from University of Arizona is designed for students wanting to quickly complete a program of study in order to begin advancing in their current or intended careers as soon as possible.
Geographic Information Science (GIS) is a high growth industry and is everywhere. In general industry terms, entry level GIS analysts annual salaries start in the $30-40K range and developers in the $40-50K range. Senior level positions in a technical specialty will commonly range from $60 - $85K and then those involve in a specialty with some kind of management or business focus can earn over $100K.
The University of Arizona offers state-of-the-art training in Geographic Information Science (GIS) through courses and hands-on application through the School of Natural Resources and the Environment and the School of Geography and Development.
This collaboration has produced a graduate certificate program in GIS for graduate students who wish to augment their graduate degrees, recent graduates who want more training before they enter the work world, and professionals who need to develop a new skill set or formalize their training in GIS.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Cartography
- Geographic Information Systems for Natural and Social Sciences
- Applications of Geographic Information Systems
- Cartographic Modeling for Natural Resources
- Advanced Geographic Information Systems
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeography Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 3 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in Mexico
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Degree seeking students currently enrolled in UArizona programs:
Apply online to the UArizona Graduate College as a Certificate seeking student. Your application fee will be waived.
- Non-degree seeking students who are not currently attending the University of Arizona:
- Apply online to the UArizona Graduate College as a Non-degree seeking student.
- Once accepted for admission to the GIS Certificate Program, you must find a coursework advisor to help you select the courses you will take for your Plan of Study. Your advisor will approve your Plan of Study. Please see the list of potential coursework advising faculty on the Faculty and Advising tab on the SNRE website and contact those with interests similar to yours to see if they are willing to advise you. Your coursework advisor can offer guidance during your program and also assist you with identifying a good practicum advisor.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
National33600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33600 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State13400 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13400 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Mexico City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.