The University of Iowa demonstrated its leadership in education by submitting an application to be part of the first cohort of programs to be accredited by ACEND under these new standards. Our eligibility application was accepted by ACEND, and we are in the candidacy application and review process for our proposed Future Education Model Graduate Degree program in nutrition and dietetics.
The graduate Master of Clinical Nutrition (M.C.N.), offered by the University of Iowa, requires 36 s.h. of credit. Students must maintain a cumulative g.p.a. of at least 2.50 in major course work. The degree requires no thesis.
- The Master of Clinical Nutrition program prepares students to be competent as a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN).
- According to the Occupational Outlook Handbook released by the U.S. Department of Labor Statistics, the employment of registered dietitians and nutritionists is projected to grow 15 percent from 2016 to 2026, at a much faster rate than the average for all occupations.
- The Pomerantz Career Center offers multiple resources to help students find internships and jobs.
The Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) released the Future Education Model Accreditation Standards for programs in nutrition and dietetics. These accreditation standards integrate didactic coursework with supervised experiential learning in a competency-based curriculum designed to prepare nutrition and dietetics practitioners for future practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Medical Nutrition Therapy I
- Nutrition Assessment
- Nutrition Intervention in Clinical Trials Research
- Nutrition Intervention in Research Lab
- Advanced Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Global Nutrition Policy
- 20 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics View 227 other Masters in Nutrition & Dietetics in United States
- Submit the online application to the Office of Admissions
- Send all official transcript(s) showing your coursework and degree to the Office of Admissions (address in Contact Information)
- Send official scores to the University of Iowa using GRE Code 6681
- Submit 3 letters of reference (two from a collegiate academic reference and one from a health care or food service experience supervisor)
- Submit a 1,000 (or less) word essay describing why you want to enter the dietetics profession, experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career, your short-term and long-term goals, and your strengths and areas needing improvement to the Master of Clinical Nutrition Program
- Resume/curriculum vitae
International23688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39480 USD for the full programme and a duration of 20 months.
National23688 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39480 USD for the full programme and a duration of 20 months.
In-State13182 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21970 USD for the full programme and a duration of 20 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.