The core Comparative and Global Education courses at Sam Houston State University are designed from an educational policy foundations perspective to help students develop the ability to interpret knowledge within its historical, philosophical, cultural, and social contexts.
The elective fields include higher education, political science, sociology, community health, kinesiology, instructional technology, and international literacy. Other elective fields would be considered in order to meet the needs and interests of students.The program will prepare students for variety of opportunities, such as: a) teaching and conducting research in philosophical, historical, cultural, race, gender, ethnic and comparative studies; b) acting as specialists for United States and global programs, non-governmental agencies, and multilateral and bilateral technical assistance agencies in a variety of endeavors; and c) engaging in analysis of educational policy issues in the United States and in other areas of the world.
The College of Education’s Educator Preparation Program is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
- Comparative Education
- Socio-Cultural Forces in Education
- Philosophy of Education
- Research In Teaching
- Current Issues in Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Psychology View 3477 other Masters in Education in United States
- Graduate Application
- Application Fee
- Official transcript from the baccalaureate degree granting institution.
- Candidates with a 3.0 GPA1 from the baccalaureate-granting institution or graduate2 will have the GRE automatically waived.
- Candidates with an undergrad GPA between 2.5 and 2.99 from the baccalaureate-granting institution or between 2.8 and 2.99 in graduate level hours* from the baccalaureate degree-granting institution are required to take the GRE. These candidates must meet the minimum standard with the following formula: ( (GPA X 50) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or greater than 435.
- If a GRE was taken prior to 2011: (GPA X 200) + GRE Verbal + GRE Quantitative + GRE Written equal to or greater than 1664.
International21840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 728 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 728 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State9600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 320 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Huntsville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.