Food Safety and Quality at Massey University are essential to the success of all food manufacturing companies and critical for New Zealand’s economic success. Why? Because food manufacturers need absolute confidence in the safety and quality of their products.
To work in this exciting field, students can choose to study full time or part time with a programme supported with an on-line learning environment.
Food companies have a growing need for expertise in food safety and quality. If they do not have this expertise themselves, consultants with the relevant qualifications provide them with services. You have the opportunity to start your own consultancy business or to work for the government department overseeing food safety in your country. In New Zealand, the government department is the Ministry for Primary Industries.
More informationVisit official programme website
- A fully equipped pilot plant operating under a risk management programme to enable the export of foods of assured safety and quality
- Specialist equipment for both thermal and non-thermal processing
- Laboratories equipped to analyse microbial, chemical and foreign matter contaminants, including a PC2 laboratory enabling you to work with foodborne pathogens
- Instruments to measure food composition
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 5 other Masters in Food Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Must meet the University admission requirements as specified
- A completed Bachelors with Honours degree in food engineering, food science or food technology, or equivalent, or
- A completed Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science, technology, or equivalent and completed at least 36 months relevant professional experience in the food or biological products industry.
International19487 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19487 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National4279 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4279 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Domestic students: 6609 NZD
- International students: 30100 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.