- 100% online coursework
- Degree completion in as little as 2 years, or 30 credit hours
- High quality, affordable education & career preparation
- Specialized coursework that highlights experiential learning with practicum opportunities in schools with master teachers and on campus in TWU’s Future Classroom Lab
- Small classes with accessible, knowledgeable and supportive faculty
- Allows certified teachers to enroll as non-degree seeking students to qualify for the state Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) exam
- Allows students who are seeking initial teacher certification and are Texas core complete to pursue EC-6 Core Subjects certification and DHH certification simultaneously
Why study education of the deaf at TWU?
More than 50 years of Deaf Education
Texas Woman’s has been training teachers of the deaf and hard of hearing for more than 50 years. Home to the longest standing program in the state of Texas, the Education of the Deaf program of Texas Woman's University is offered to students around the world. We stress accessibility for all students and ensure our graduates have field-based experiences that enable them to be successful educators of the deaf and hard of hearing.
Deaf educators fall within the special education field. According to the BLS, the median salary for special education teachers is $58,980.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Differentiating Communication Across Deaf Education Settings
- History, Policies and Trends in Deaf Education
- Educational Audiology and Listening Supports
- Families and Young Children in Deaf Education
- Classroom Assessment and Access to Print Literacy in Deaf Education
- Instructional Processes and Facilitating Language in Deaf Education
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 154 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Sign proficiency as demonstrated by coursework, certification, or acknowledgment from a state or nationally recognized source (ASLPI, SLPI, TASC, BEI, etc.). Exemptions for individuals who are native signers will be applied on an individual basis after consulting with the program.
- A GPA of 3.0 or higher on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work OR on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work plus any post-baccalaureate or graduate hours. The Graduate School requires a minimum GPA of 3.0 on all graduate coursework.
- Off-campus/online students must have access to a school for children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- The program application includes a letter of intent and the names of three individuals who will provide letters of recommendation.
- International and permanent resident applicants must submit English proficiency scores.
International30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National30528 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15264 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State15336 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7668 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.