Deaf and Hard of Hearing and Initial Certification provides an intensive study of the educational issues of individuals who are Deaf or hard of hearing from the perspectives of psychology, anthropology, linguistics, child development, pedagogy, and regular education with the aim of preparing teachers who will address the educational and literacy needs of these children.
We serve and prepare individuals for work with children who possess a wide range of hearing losses in classes using diverse communication systems, as well as for work with children who have typical hearing.
Teachers College at Columbia University Career Education & Professional Development encourages students from all academic disciplines to incorporate career learning into the larger scope of daily life to aid in making a positive impact in the diverse worldwide community. We are committed to empowering all Teachers College students with the skills, resources and opportunities needed to pursue and achieve their post-graduate goals.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Computer Applications in Special Education
- Psychosocial and cultural aspects of deafness
- Language/literacy for the Deaf/hh I (Reading/Writing)
- American sign language II
- Observation and Student Teaching
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education View 653 other Masters in Special Education in United States
- Applicants from the U.S. are required to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a 120-credit baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- International applicants must hold, or be in the process of obtaining, the equivalent of a 120-credit U.S. baccalaureate degree.
- All applicants must have a conferred baccalaureate degree before matriculating at Teachers College.
International1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1768 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1768 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.