The Community Health Education program of study leading to the Master of Science (M.S.) in Health Education is a 42 point degree, two-year program designed for those who wish to develop the skills necessary to plan and implement health education programs for a variety of populations and in a range of practice settings, as well as in-depth preparation in an area of specialization or in one of the behavioral and social sciences underlying the practice of health education.
The M.S. degree may serve as an entry-level professional credential for a career in health education or may serve to prepare qualified students to go on for more advanced professional study in health education or other health-related fields. Completion of the degree program makes graduates eligible to qualify for certification as a Certified Health Education Specialist through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc.
Teachers College at Columbia University Career Education & Professional Development encourages students from all academic disciplines to incorporate career learning into the larger scope of daily life to aid in making a positive impact in the diverse worldwide community. We are committed to empowering all Teachers College students with the skills, resources and opportunities needed to pursue and achieve their post-graduate goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Behavioral and Social Science Foundations of Health Education
- Principles of Epidemiology in Health Promotion
- Principles of Health-Related Behavioral & Social Change:Initiation to Maintenance to Maintenance
- Introduction to Biostatistics for Community Health Educators
- Environmental Health
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Public Health View 3762 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants from the U.S. are required to hold, or be in the process of obtaining, a 120-credit baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution as recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- International applicants must hold, or be in the process of obtaining, the equivalent of a 120-credit U.S. baccalaureate degree.
- All applicants must have a conferred baccalaureate degree before matriculating at Teachers College.
International1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1768 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1768 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.