This Teacher of Students with Disabilities program at the Dominican College is offered through the weekend quarter schedule. Students are required to hold at least initial certification in another area prior to enrolling in the SWD program.
- Completion of the MS in Education Students with Disabilities program qualifies students for dual certification in Students with Disabilities together with the student’s prior area of certification: Early Childhood, Childhood, Middle Childhood, or Adolescence (Biology, Chemistry, Earth Science, English, Math, Physics, Social Studies or World Languages).
- Psychosocial Aspects of Exceptionality
- Psychology of the Intellectually/Behaviorally Challenged
- Communication, Technology, and Literacy
- Curriculum and Instructional Strategies for Teaching Students with Disabilities
- Positive Behavior Approaches
- Psychoeducational Diagnosis and Assessment
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSpecial Education Teaching View 1895 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Official Transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- Interview Required
International36720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 12 months.
National36720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1020 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.