The Adolescent French master’s and advanced certificate programs at The City University of New York prepare candidates to teach French in grades 7-12 to students of diverse backgrounds, abilities and interests.
These programs are not designed for individuals who already have NYS certification in French 7-12.The master’s program (Academic Plan: FRENAE-MA) is for applicants with no prior NYS certificate. The advanced certificate program (Academic Plan: FREAE-AC) is a post-master’s program for applicants with no prior NYS certificate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Foundations of Adolescent Education
- Adolescent Development, Grades 7–12
- Educational Psychology: Applications to Adolescent Education (KC)
- Assessment of Teaching and Learning in Adolescent Education
- Building the Foundations of Literacy in Adolescent Education
- Methods I: Intensive Study of Classroom Organization, Management, and Assessment of Instruction in Languages Other Than English, Grades 7–12
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Languages Educational Psychology View 331 other Masters in Educational Psychology in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution acceptable to Hunter College with an overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 and a major in French with a grade point average of 3.0.
- General education core in the liberal arts and sciences to include: artistic expression; communication; information retrieval; concepts in history and social sciences; humanities; a language other than English; scientific and mathematical processes; and written analysis and expression.
- Two professional references to be included with the application for matriculation.
- An essay to be completed as part of the application for matriculation.
- Oral proficiency at the Advanced Low level on the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Language (ACTFL) Advanced Level Check Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI).
- Submission of official score report on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), except applicants who are certified teachers or school administrators and hold a graduate degree.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25650 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State11090 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11090 USD per year during 12 months.
- Resident: $470 per credit
- Non-resident: $855 per credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.