The Nurse Educator (NE) option offered by Alcorn State University is designed to prepare qualified nurses to function as well-prepared educators in academic or healthcare settings. Upon completion of the program of study, graduates are eligible to write a national certification examination for Nurse Educators (CNE). The program of study is designed to be completed in four (4) semesters (including one summer) and 35 semester hours of full-time continuous study.
Mission and Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Evaluate theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing and other disciplines and knowledge for use in guiding nursing research, nursing pedagogy, and advanced nursing practice.
- Generate new teaching and practice approaches based on the integration of research, theory, and practice knowledge.
- Demonstrate mastery of advanced knowledge and skills in advanced practice nursing (FNP) or in specialized role (NE).
- Analyze implication of ethical and legal issues affecting health care delivery, education, and research.
- Analyze the effect of organizational structure, functions, and resources on the development and delivery of quality health care and educational programs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Rural Family and Community
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Foundations of Nursing Education
- Theories of Advanced Nursing
- Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Nursing View 3548 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completion of the Alcorn State University Graduate School Application.
- Official transcripts for all previous college course work.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Current unencumbered license to practice nursing in a state or US territory and eligibility for licensure in the state in which you will complete your clinical practicums.
- Provide three (3) letters of recommendation [professional, academic and personal] on official letterhead with original signatures specifying in detail the applicants’ capabilities for graduate study and for future nursing practice.
- If transferring from another graduate nursing program, the applicant must submit a letter of good academic standings from that program.
- An interview with Graduate Nursing Faculty.
- All transfer courses must be approved by the Director of Graduate Nursing Programs.
- An application fee of $10.00 U.S. This fee applies to out-of-state applicants only.
International7290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3645 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National7290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3645 USD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.