At Naropa University, contemplative practice and transpersonal psychology provide a foundation for this integration, which is unique in the world. This combination of interior and exterior exploration offers you a one-of-a-kind path to deepen your relationship to nature and develop a more sustainable life and career that aligns with your values.
Foster your individual growth and personal awakening. Acquire practical, non-clinical skills for working with others. And deepen your intrinsic and intellectual understanding of nature. The Naropa Ecopsychology master’s degree program will connect you to a strong community of learners: fellow travellers on the journey to discovering how best to serve as empowered, aware, and compassionate agents of healthy ecological change.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Understanding of Concepts, Theories, & Current Issues - Students articulate the important concepts, theories, and current issues of transpersonal ecopsychology.
- Nature-Based Practices - Students demonstrate a high level of knowledge and skilled ability in nature-based practices.
- Applied Transpersonal Ecopsychology Skills - Students integrate and apply key principles, skills and practices of transpersonal ecopsychology into their personal and professional lives, to address a challenge facing humans and the natural environment.
- Contemplative Practice Skills - Students integrate and articulate the value of contemplative practices.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Initiatory Contemplative Ecopsychology Intensive
- Transpersonal Psychology
- Transpersonal Service Learning
- Master’s Project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology View 899 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Apply online and pay the $60 nonrefundable application fee. This is the preferred method for applying.
- An official transcript of a conferred bachelor's degree must be received by the Office of Admissions prior to beginning graduate coursework.
- Respond to the following questions in a 750 to 1,250 word essay: How does your personal and/or professional experience relate to the MA Ecopsychology program? How will this program prepare you to accomplish your professional and academic goals?
- What about Naropa University most appeals to you?
- Your resume/CV should detail all pertinent academic, employment, and volunteer history with exact dates of participation.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
International25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25500 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National25500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 25500 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.