Public Health from Morehouse School of Medicine provides the public health theory that supports the social mission of MSM. The mission of the M.P.H. Program is to develop, through graduate education, public health leaders who are fluent in community-focused public health research and practice, particularly in underserved communities. We offer a generalist curriculum focused on community health in underserved populations.
Students at Public Health from Morehouse School of Medicine will:
- use community assessment methods that take into consideration behavioral, social, and cultural factors to understand public health problems and identify holistic ways to improve health, particularly in underserved communities.
- describe the use of program planning and evaluation to address health problems in communities, particularly underserved communities.
- describe the impact of health administration, management, and policy on the delivery, quality, access and cost of health care for individuals, communities, and populations.
- apply skills and knowledge in public health setting(s) through supervised experience(s) related to professional career objectives.
- integrate public health theory and skills acquired from coursework, practicum, and other learning activities into culminating experience utilizing research methodology with a thesis as an outcome.
Social & Behavioral Aspects of Public Health
Fundamental of Public Health
Community Health Assessment & Improvement
Global Health Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 722 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, from a U.S. school accredited by a regional accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or the U.S. Department of Education, or from an appropriately accredited non-U.S. institution is required.
- Official transcripts from your degree granting undergraduate and graduate institutions.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores (from within the past five  years)
- Three recommenders (electronic links will be sent once recommenders’ information is included on your application).
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) for foreign students whose first language is not English. A passing score on the ECFMG English test is acceptable for foreign medical graduates.
International15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 12 months.
National15000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 USD per year during 12 months.
Part-Time - $10,200 per year
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.