Courses for the Geographic Information Science degree program at University of Minnesota are divided into three broad categories: core courses, technology courses, and elective courses. Core courses provide the conceptual and theoretical underpinnings for a comprehensive, well-rounded knowledge of geographic information science (GIS), including an introductory seminar for entering students (GIS 8501), a set of technology courses focus on specific software and techniques in GIS, and elective courses provide additional breadth to the program by allowing students to take courses related to their area of interest.
The MGIS program at the University of Minnesota offers you the flexibility of being a part- or full-time student. Many MGIS students work full-time and complete their degrees as part-time students. On a full-time student schedule, the degree takes two years to complete. As a part-time student, completion times vary depending on the number of courses taken each term.
More informationVisit official programme website
- GIS Development Practicum
- Advanced Geographic Information Science
- GIS in Environmental Science and Management
- Advanced Remote Sensing and Geospatial Analysis
- Spatial Database Design and Administration
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeographical Information Systems (GIS) View 89 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
- Admission to a UMN graduate program requires a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the U.S., or a comparable degree from outside the U.S.
- Many graduate programs prefer an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher for admission.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Many graduate programs require letters of recommendation, submitted and uploaded online.
International27204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13602 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
National27204 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13602 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
In-State17580 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8790 USD per semester and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.