The Data and Information Management program at Radford University emphasizes hands-on learning working in teams with students, faculty, IT professionals, and even business executives. Our students apply emerging technology to solve challenging problems for our corporate partners. DAIM prepares graduates for leadership roles as data engineers, data architects, information managers, senior database administrators, and other data management positions.
As the volume of information continues to explode, so does the need for IT professionals who can maximize the value of information assets while getting the right data to the right people at the right time.
DAIM teaches students to collect, process, manage, and protect traditional data and big data.
Big data, characterized by volume, velocity, and variety refers to data that cannot be processed and managed with traditional methods.
- Volume: scale of data – too much data to store and process. A single jet engine generates more data in one day than Twitter.
- Velocity: speed of generating and processing data – machines generate data faster than people. As the Internet of Things expands, data speeds will continue to accelerate.
- Variety: diversity of data – including text, sensor data, photographs, and videos. Sentitment analysis mines tweets and other social media to measure how people feel – often used to determine what products and services customers like and dislike.
- Collect: filter real-time data streams selecting the most valuable data to process and store.
- Process: integrate multiple data sources; clean, transform, and analyze data; and take action.
- Manage: reliable, distributed storage of structured and unstructured data
- Protect: processes and policies to ensure the integrity, privacy, and security of information assets.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Data Warehousing, Mining, and Reporting
- Distributed Database Management Systems
- Information Security, Privacy and Reliability
- Algorithms and Data Structures for Large Data Sets
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Informatics & Information Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 224 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Syllabus of university study - For transfer students, a description of each course or subject studied must be submitted accompanied by a certified English translation. An evaluation of your transfer credit cannot be made without the course descriptions.
- For students enrolled at a U.S. college, the Transfer Eligibility Form must be completed.
- If you have been out of school for any period of time, other than school breaks, please send a letter that explains if you have been working, attending school, etc., along with the application for admission.
- Confidential statement of Financial Support (see required immigration documents).
- TOEFL/IELTS - (see English Proficiency).
International17441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17441 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National17441 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17441 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State8915 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8915 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.