This Art History program at The City University of New York deepens students’ insights into the history of art as a whole and provides them with opportunities to develop research skills in specific areas under the direction of scholars in those fields.
Students admitted into the program may pursue the MA degree along two tracks of matriculation.
The Research Track is designed for students who wish to pursue advanced scholarly studies beyond the MA degree and prepares them for PhD studies in art history or allied disciplines.
The Professional Track is designed for students who consider the MA degree a professional degree that enhances a current profession or leads to a new career. Potential students choose which of the two tracks they wish to pursue on their program application in order to receive the proper matriculation advice and guidance from department faculty.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Museum Studies
- Topics in the History of Art
- Seminar in the History of Art
- Art History Methods Colloquium
- The Major Artist
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArt History Museum Studies View 344 other Masters in Art History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have completed a minimum of four courses (normally 12 credits) in art history beyond the introductory level.
- Applicants must have completed at least two documented semesters of college-level study of a foreign language or the equivalent. Equivalencies will be determined by the graduate committee.
- Applicants must describe their proficiency in reading foreign languages within the 500-word essay. The GRE score is not required for admission, but if desired by the applicant, the score may be submitted and will be considered as part of the admissions credentials.
- The applicant must be approved by the department’s Committee on Graduate Study in Art History, which has the authority to recommend acceptance or rejection to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
International25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
National25650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 855 USD per credit during 12 months.
- Full-time - $5,545/semester
- Part-time - $470/credit
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.