The mission of the Graduate Sport Management Program at Old Dominion University is to prepare students for the opportunities and challenges associated with careers in the sport industry. This is achieved by providing students with theoretical and practical knowledge that will enable them to be successful leaders. The Sports Management curriculum is consistent with current principles and practices of academic and sport marketplace standards. Sport Management is a program area within the Department of Human Movement Sciences. This Department is dedicated to excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service. We prepare professionals in disciplines related to human movement and other activities for the promotion of physical, emotional, and social well-being.
Learning outcomesThe Graduate Sport Management Program at Old Dominion University prepares students for careers in a wide variety of organizations in the sport industry, including:
- Professional sports
- Collegiate athletics
- Event and facility operations
- Non-profit sport organizations
- Health and fitness industries
- Military MWR programs
- Golf & tennis clubs
- Campus intramural sports and recreation
- Corporate sport management and marketing firms
- Community recreation and leisure agencies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Applied Statistics and Data Analysis
- Introduction to Research Methods in Education
- Applied Research Methods in Education
- Planning and Administration in PE and Sport Programs
- Applied Learning and Coaching Theory
- Curriculum Development in Physical Education
- Motor Learning and Development
- Assessment/Evaluation and Technology in Sport/PE
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSports Management View 237 other Masters in Sports Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a score of at least 291 (900 by former scoring standard) in the quantitative and verbal portions of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) - GRE scores are required for consideration of admission for all candidates. (In some circumstances, students who have either a low GPA or a low GRE score may be considered for admission with provisional status); and
- demonstrated computer literacy.
International1383 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1383 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1383 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1383 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State547 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 547 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Norfolk
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.