Each candidate shapes an individual concentration, such as economics and finance, classical political economy, interdisciplinary political economy, urban economics, or development economics.
The MA in Economics from The New School prepares graduates for academic and professional careers in diverse fields, including finance, government, business, and consulting. Many students pursue further study and research at the doctoral level at The New School for Social Research or other leading universities.
Entering students work with an individual faculty advisor. This advisor, together with the departmental student advisor, introduce students to the curriculum as a whole and help them to formulate the program that best suits their interests and needs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Of the elective courses required for the MA in economics, two must be taken from the courses offered or cross-listed by the Economics department, and three may be courses at the graduate level offered by other departments of The New School for Social Research or at Milano School of Policy, Management, and Environment. The student's faculty advisor must approve the elective program.
- Students can use elective courses toward completing one of the university’s graduate minors. These structured pathways of study immerse master's and doctoral students in disciplines outside their primary field and expose them to alternative modes of research and practice. Completed graduate minors are officially recorded on students' transcript.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics View 366 other Masters in Economics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Statement of Purpose
- Letters of Recommendation
- Academic Writing Sample
- GRE and GMAT Test Information
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International2265 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2265 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National2265 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2265 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.