With a focus on the acts of government rather than the practice or theory of government, the Hatfield School's cutting edge program is designed to meet the growing demand for public policy professionals in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Nationwide, demand for graduates in public policy has been growing in response to the need for analysts and leaders who can operate within complex policy environments. MPP graduates in the U.S. have found employment in a variety of sectors: in 2011-12, 30% worked for the federal government, 24% for non-profits, 22% for the private sector, and 17% for state and local governments as well as international governments and institutions. The Master of Public Policy (MPP) is designed as a two-year full time or three to four-year part-time masters program. Students will undertake training in core competencies in policy analysis and leadership as well as specialize in a policy area. A summative project and a professional development plan will round out the educational experience.
Candidates seeking to take their careers in public policy-related fields to the next level are encouraged to contact MPP Committee Chair, Professor Bruce Gilley (email@example.com) for further information or to schedule a campus visit.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Policy View 275 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
- Submit your application and $50 USD application fee online.
- Submit all high school transcripts/grades/records along with your graduation certificate/diploma/exam results or certificate(s).
- Submit evidence of English language proficiency that meets the university’s minimum requirements if you wish to enter university level coursework upon admission.
- Fill out the Financial Certification and Immigration Information Form and mail or submit it online to PSU.
- Submit Financial Documentation for I-20
International601 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 601 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National280 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 280 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.