Applicants should have completed course work in microeconomics, macroeconomics, statistics, and basic calculus, and must have a minimum B average in undergraduate work. The department has considerable experience in working with students who do not have undergraduate majors in economics or resource economics.
In our experience, many who study resource economics for a M.S. degree in the Department of Environmental and Natural Resource Economics at the University of Rhode Island have taken undergraduate degrees in fields other than economics, agricultural economics, or resource economics. In recent years, we have had M.S. students with backgrounds in physics, biopsychology, biology, zoology, history, English, psychology, and engineering. Some of these students have come to our program after job experiences or public service which have convinced them of the importance of resource and environmental economics in public policy formation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Quantitative Techniques in Natural Resource Research
- Macroeconomic Theory
- Microeconomic Theory
- Game Theory
- Economics of Natural Resources
- Environmental Economics
- Applied Resource Economics
- Conservation Biology And Resource Economics
- Economic Structure of the Fishing Industry
- Experimental Economics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Natural Resource Management View 105 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the United States or a foreign institution of acceptable standing
- Adequate undergraduate preparation in the proposed major field or equivalent evidence of an appropriate background for undertaking an advanced degree program
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better in the undergraduate career that can be confirmed with official transcripts from the institution (some programs may require a higher or lower GPA).
International29082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29082 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National29082 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29082 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State15964 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15964 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.