The Meteorology and Atmospheric Science program at Pennsylvania State University develops and integrates approaches based on observational, computational and analytical techniques, and seeks to advance both fundamental understanding and predictive skill.
The major interests of the faculty and graduate students include (1) mesoscale- and synoptic- scale weather systems; (2) climate and earth system dynamics; (3) atmospheric physics including radiative transfer and cloud physics; (4) atmospheric chemistry, air quality and the earth's biogeochemical cycles; (5) atmospheric turbulence, boundary layers, land-atmosphere interactions, ocean-atmosphere interactions, and ocean-ice-atmosphere interactions; (6) geophysical fluid dynamics, (7) physical oceanography, and (8) climate and weather risk. Methodological approaches include numerical modeling, data assimilation, atmospheric remote sensing, field observations, atmospheric data analysis, and laboratory studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Geophysical Fluid Dynamics
- Dynamic Meteorology
- Atmospheric Turbulence
- Physical Oceanography
- Climate System Dynamics
- Chemistry of the Atmosphere
- Cloud Physics
- Radiative Transfer
- The Atmospheric Boundary Layer
- Climate System Dynamics
- Communication of Research in Atmospheric Science
- Individual Studies
- Development and Ethics in the Atmospheric Sciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology View 46 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United States
- For admission to the program, the departmental admission committee considers courses taken, grade-point average, three letters of recommendation, GRE scores, professional experience, and English proficiency.
- Rather than setting rigid standards in each category, the committee examines the overall record as a whole.
- The best-qualified applicants are accepted up to the number of spaces that are available for new students.
International39720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National39720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39720 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State23928 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23928 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.