What is Fashion Management?
A Fashion Management degree is a dynamic programme that brings Fashion and Business together. It gives you the knowledge and the skills to work with success in the world of Fashion while understanding the most important principles of Management. From predicting new trends to retail strategies, this degree helps those passionate about fashion to excel in leadership roles within the industry.
Fashion Management Specialisations
Here are some of the most common specialisations in Fashion Management, allowing you to dive deeper into specific areas of expertise within the vibrant fashion industry:
- Retail Manager;
- Fashion Marketing and Communication Manager;
- Fashion Operations and Supply Chain Manager;
- Fashion Sustainability Manager;
- Luxury Brand Manager.
You can study Fashion Management both at Bachelor's and Master's level and specialise in one of these areas.
What will you learn during a Fashion Management programme
During a Fashion Management degree, you will understand the fashion industry and its various aspects. In this programme, you learn a range of skills to excel in the industry. If you're wondering why Fashion Management is a good degree, here's what you'll gain:
- in-depth knowledge of fashion marketing;
- understanding of brand management;
- skills in retail operations and merchandising;
- the ability to perform trend analysis and fashion forecasting;
- understanding of supply chain management and consumer behaviour;
The programme often includes hands-on projects, industry internships, and collaborations with fashion companies, providing practical experience and networking opportunities.
Common courses include:
- Fashion Communications, where you learn all about communication strategies in the industry;
- Fashion Product Knowledge and Development, which helps understand how fashion products are created;
- Retail Math, useful for the business side of fashion;
- Fashion Organisations, which helps you learn the particularities of companies that produce fashion products;
- Critical Perspectives in Ethical and Sustainable Fashion, where you gain knowledge about sustainability in fashion.
By the end of the program, you will have the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in a fashion-related career, from marketing and management to retail and entrepreneurship.
Skills required to study Fashion Management
A degree in Fashion Management requires a balanced mix of creativity and analytical abilities. You should also be good at communicating and solving problems, two essential activities in the everyday life of a Fashion Manager. Apart from that, perhaps the most important Fashion Management degree requirement is a genuine passion for Fashion.
What can you do with a Degree in Fashion Management?
One of the main concerns of anyone choosing a degree is what comes after. So, what can you do after a Fashion Management degree? Graduates can pursue one of these popular career paths:
- Fashion Brand Manager;
- Fashion Business Advisor;
- Fashion Textile Manager;
- Fashion Marketing Manager;
- Commercial Director.
These roles allow you to combine your passion for fashion with business understanding, creativity, and leadership skills.Read more