History
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire opened its doors in the fall of 1916 as the Eau Claire State Normal School. A single building, now known as Schofield Hall, was constructed on a 12-acre site donated by the city of Eau Claire. With a student body of 159 and a faculty of 20, the school offered one- and two-year elementary and three-year secondary teachers' courses, and a principal's course.