University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire

Although the name has changed throughout the years, UW-Eau Claire's commitment to excellence in higher education has remained constant.


The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire was established in September of 1916 as the State Normal School. A single building, now known as Schofield Hall, was constructed on a 12-acre site donated by the city of Eau Claire. Opening its doors to a student body of 159 and a faculty of 20, the School offered one-year and two-year elementary and three-year secondary teachers' courses, and a principal's course. Although the education of teachers was the mission of the institution, from the beginning it made available two years of general education or pre-professional study for persons not expecting to teach. Harvey A. Schofield was the first president of the new School, and his leadership saw it through the first 25 critical years of its existence.

Master's Programmes

Business & Management (1)
Education & Training (1)
Medicine & Health (1)


  • Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications
  • AACSB International - The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
  • American Chemical Society
  • American-Speech-Language-Hearing Association
  • Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
  • Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
  • Council on Social Work Education
  • National Association of Boards of Examiners of Long Term Care Administrators
  • National Association for the Education of Young Children
  • National Association of School Psychologists
  • National Association of Schools of Music
  • National Environmental Health Association
  • Wisconsin Department of Health and Social Services (Children's Center)
  • Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
  • Wisconsin Nurses Association
  • Wisconsin State Accounting Examining Board
  • Wisconsin State Board of Nursing

Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States