- All Professional Development courses at University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire throughout the program focus on equity, diversity, inclusivity and social justice, critical thinking and building community. Each course is co-taught with a UWEC faculty member and a public K-12 schoolteacher, with the ultimate goal of developing collaborative leaders. Coursework is intentionally designed for continuous application of theory to practice in your own classroom, allowing you to find the strategies, methods and practices that work best for you. As part of a final capstone requirement, you’ll develop your own action research project and discover how you can change your professional practice and improve student learning.
- As a graduate of the MEPD program, you'll leave UW-Eau Claire with a variety of research-based practices and strategies that can be immediately applied to your own classrooms. Additionally, you'll find that a better understanding of research and evidence-based practices enable you to make data-informed decisions and enhance the learning of your students. Whether you seek new understandings, more strategic ways to facilitate student learning or the opportunity to re-envision your career, our renowned program will provide the experiences and skills necessary.
- Collaborative Leadership: Building Effective Relationships
- Cultural and Social Foundations of Learning
- Curricular Design and Innovation
- Pupil Development and Learning Expectations
- Evaluation, Assessment and Data-Based Decision Making
- Teaching All Students: Equity, Diversity and Inclusivity
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation International Development View 4051 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a minimum of a 2.75 cumulative GPA.
- A minimum of two years of teaching experience or equivalent experience.
- Documented commitment to teaching or education-related profession (i.e., teaching certification, a statement from a supervisor or equivalent).
- A resume of career-related experiences.
- A statement of professional aspirations and related needs.
International5850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 390 USD per credit during 24 months.
National5850 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 390 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Eau Claire
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.