- The rigorous program is the first online master's degree in data science offered in the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and is helping fill a critical need for data scientists. Using analytics, statistics, programming, business and storytelling, data scientists have the unique and important job of transforming big data into actionable insights. The field is already growing at an incredible pace, and as today's world continues to generate more and more data, employers across the country are in consistent need of professionals who know how to understand and interpret data.
- Designed with input from industry leaders, the data science program offers a comprehensive, multidisciplinary curriculum grounded in computer science, math and statistics, management and communication. Coursework throughout the degree will show you how to clean, organize, analyze and interpret data using current industry tools and analytical methods. Since data scientists must also understand privacy and security policies, part of the curriculum throughout the program focuses on how to appropriately handle data found in financial records, medical records, consumer patterns, internet searches and other real-world situations — knowledge that is needed in countless industries and organizations.
- Graduates of the Data Science graduate program leave with the knowledge, skills and tools necessary to mine data sets, find patterns and communicate ways to make use of the findings. The intensive program prepares you for expertise in a number of specialized areas — including data mining and warehousing, predictive analytics, statistical modeling, database infrastructures and data management, machine learning and analytics-based decision making — making you a versatile and highly sought-after employee.
- Foundations of Data Science
- Statistical Methods
- Programming for Data Science
- Data Warehousing
- Big Data: High Performance Computing
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesStatistics Data Science & Big Data Machine Learning View 129 other Masters in Data Science & Big Data in United States
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0. Students with a GPA of less than 3.0 may be considered for provisional admission.
- Recent prerequisite coursework in elementary statistics, introductory computer programming and introduction to databases. Relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of this coursework.
No aptitude tests (GMAT, GRE) are required. Ideal candidates hold a bachelor's degree in math, statistics, analytics, computer science or marketing, or have three-to-five years of professional experience as a business intelligence analyst, systems analyst, data analyst, financial analyst, information technology analyst, database administrator, market research analyst, computer programmer, statistician or similar position.
International30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
National30600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 850 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.