At Applied Economics from Western Michigan University graduates are employed in industry, government and academia. Graduates sometimes continue their formal training in economics, pursuing a Ph.D. at WMU or another university.
Here is a broader list of companies and positions suitable for economists:
- Accenture – Technology Consultant
- Allstate – Catastrophe Modeling
- Aon Hewitt – Banking, Outsourcing Specialist
- Amazon - Economist
- Bank of America – Quantitative Management
- Chicago Board of Trade/CME Group – Commodities Clerk
- CitiBank – Business Intelligence Analyst
- Expedia – Market Analyst
- Ford Motor Company – Data Scientist
- Hartford – Risk Management Analyst
- KPMG Business – Economic Valuation Services
- Northwestern Mutual Life – Financial Security Support Services
- SpaceX – Supply Chain Analytics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematics for Economists
- Advanced Price Theory
- Uncertainty and Health
- Research Methods
- Economic Statistics
- National Income Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Econometrics Statistics View 30 other Masters in Econometrics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A minimum of 12 undergraduate credit hours in economics or in equivalents approved by the graduate advisor.
- Intermediate level courses on microeconomics and macroeconomics. Applicants who do not meet this requirement will be admitted with conditions and be required to complete ECON 4030 (Intermediate Microeconomics) and ECON 4060 (Intermediate Macroeconomics) with a B or higher in each.
- At least one course in calculus. Students who do not meet this requirement will be admitted with conditions and must complete MATH 1220 (Calculus I) with a C or higher.
- Copy of passport identification page
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended or are attending, including diplomas, examination results, mark sheets and certificates
- $100 non-refundable application fee
- Proof of sufficient funds for the first academic year of study at WMU according to estimated cost of attendance
International1022 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1022 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1022 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1022 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State681 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 681 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.