The Couple and Family Therapy degree offered by the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, also qualifies students to apply for licensure in the state of Nevada and sit for the national MFT licensing exam.
The MFT Program at UNLV is designed to achieve several Educational Outcomes. Decisions we make as a faculty about the direction of a program are generally tied to developing better ways to measure the outcomes, achieve the outcomes, and revise the program with consideration to supporting the Educational Outcomes. In short, these outcomes uniquely distinguish UNLV’s MFT Program from any other. It is important that you acquaint yourself with these outcomes.
With a master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy, plus post-degree training and supervision you can become:
- Licensed as a marriage and family therapist.
- Certified as a family therapy supervisor.
- A marriage and family therapy researcher.
- An instructor of marriage and family therapy.
- A clinician in an agency setting.
- A private practitioner of marriage and family therapy.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Couple and Family Therapy
- Sexual Issues in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Counseling Across the Lifespan
- Diversity in Couple and Family Therapy
- Substance Abuse in Couple and Family Therapy
- Family Dynamics
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling Clinical Psychology View 148 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United States
- Transcripts All applicants are required to submit a transcript from each postsecondary institution attended, showing all degrees and coursework, the dates awarded, and grades received. If the institution is outside the U.S., a foreign credential evaluation may be required.
- Credentials not in English must be accompanied by an English translation certified as true by a university official, an official representative of a United States embassy or consulate, the United States Information Service, the United States Education Foundation, or an approved professional translating service. Notarized copies of originals or translations are not considered official.
International21247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21247 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National21247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 21247 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
In-State6197 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6197 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.