- Pre-professional students who wish to pursue a career in some aspect of criminal justice, or in a related field, and to develop the perspectives and knowledge appropriate to doing so;
- In-service professionals who wish to enhance and broaden their knowledge in this and related areas of study;
- Students pre-professional or in-service who wish to pursue further relevant post-graduate studies, whether academic or professional.
To meet these objectives, and to develop a broadly educated student, the program offers both thesis and non-thesis options. Both options require the student to complete 18 hours of core courses within the department.
- Management position with municipal, state and federal agencies.
- Police Officer
- Corrections Officer
- Forensic Science Technician
- Probation and Community Control Officer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Proseminar in Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- Statistics & Research Practices in Criminal Justice
- Ethics in Criminal Justice
- Theoretical Criminology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 232 other Masters in Criminal Law in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Must have successfully completed a baccalaureate degree in criminology/criminal justice or related discipline.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last 60 hours of undergraduate work as calculated by the Graduate School.
- A minimum of 149 on both verbal and quantitative subtests of the GRE (minimum of 440 on both verbal and quantitative subsets under old scoring system). The GRE is not required of an applicant who satisfies all of the following requirements: Has three or more years of professional experience with increasing responsibility in a criminal justice (or closely related) occupation and provides a detailed work history documenting this experience. Submits an acceptable sample of professional writing authored solely by the applicant.
- Must submit three letters of recommendation addressing the applicant's potential for success in the graduate program from persons knowledgeable of the applicant's abilities.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23122 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National23122 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23122 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State10514 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10514 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.