The design disciplines - Architecture and Interior Design - teach us to understand and to shape the space we live in: rooms, buildings, cities. These disciplines are old, among the first activities of civilization itself.
They are also new, requiring advanced knowledge and skills to serve contemporary culture. The design disciplines operate at many levels of thought and concern.
On one hand they are very practical, dealing with a host of concrete realities; on the other they are highly conceptual, having to do with meaning and society's highest aspirations.
The context for design at The University of Texas at Arlington focuses on the contemporary urban condition, a viewpoint especially appropriate for a school at the heart of a diverse, expanding and internationally oriented region like Dallas/Fort Worth.
The curriculum of the Master of Architecture degree program offered by University of Texas Arlington is coordinated with the Bachelor of Science in Architecture curriculum degree to form a six-year professional program.
There are three distinct programs of study in architecture, which provide options to graduate students with different backgrounds and needs. Path A requires approximately 3-1/2 years, Path B two years, and Path C one year.
- Architectural Technologist
- Spatial designer
- Interior design
- Stage Design
- Film Design
- Furniture Design
- Building Legal Analyst
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- History of Architecture
- Architectural Graphic
- Design Studio
- Construction Material & Methods
- Site Design
- BIM and Visualization
- Environmental Control Systems
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Landscape Architecture View 341 other Masters in Architecture in United States
Basic admission requirements must be met before a student can be accepted. In meeting these requirements, an applicant
- must have a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or its foreign equivalent, with a satisfactory grade-point average;
- must have an acceptable and current score on the aptitude tests of the Graduate Record Examination or the Graduate Management Admission Test, as specified by the department or program to which application is being made;
- demonstrate potential for graduate work in the chosen field through previous academic performance; and
- be approved for admission by the department in which a degree is sought. Certain programs require students to submit to and satisfactorily complete a background check review as a condition of admission and/or participation in education experiences.
International20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
National20620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20620 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State10828 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10828 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Texas City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.