The Graphic and Interactive Design program at Temple University offers intensive, research-driven immersion in the practice of design, with mentorship from passionate, award-winning faculty members who push students to hone their visual voices and use their talents to change the world.
GAID M.F.A. students are a close-knit cohort of thinkers and makers who drive original concepts through interdisciplinary collaboration in Tyler’s state-of-the-art facilities with the specialists, technology, and resources of Temple, a leading research university. Tyler students have unique opportunities to apply their socially conscious designs across Philadelphia. This is a city that’s a living laboratory for design-driven solutions with a booming design community that hosts one of the largest national chapters of the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA) and offers easy access to other major design hubs, like New York and Washington, D.C.
Tyler GAID M.F.A. graduates find jobs in top studios; start their own advertising agencies; work in the film, television, and music industries; teach in leading colleges and universities; and improve society with the understanding that good design has the power to make a real difference.
- Graduate Design: Special Topics
- Graduate Design: Design Workshop
- Graduate Design: Hybrid Design
- Graduate Design: Art Direction
- Graduate Design: Packaging
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesDesign Graphic Design View 122 other Masters in Graphic Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Research your graduate degree program
- Complete online application
- Letters of Reference: 3
- Coursework Required for Admission Consideration
- Statement of Goals: Approximately 500 to 1,000 words include your interest in Tyler's program, your research goals, your future career goals, and your academic and artistic achievements.
- Portfolio: As a Master of Fine Arts applicant, you must submit a portfolio that consists of 20 images representative of the immediate direction of your work.
- Resume: Current resume required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Discipline/Related Discipline: A baccalaureate degree is required.
International45900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1530 USD per credit during 24 months.
National45900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1530 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State35010 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1167 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Philadelphia
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.