This Operational Research with Risk programme from The University of Edinburgh will show you how to use mathematical techniques to tackle real-life problems ranging from scheduling flights and routing mobile phone calls, over optimising power systems and logistic networks, to managing investments and minimising risks.
Operational Research (OR) is an important skill that is in high demand.
The skills you will learn are in demand by a vast range of high-profile organisations, including:
- consultancy firms
- the public sector
- companies with operational research departments such as airlines, energy and telecommunications providers, financial firms, manufacturers
Recent graduates have joined:
- British Airways
- Edinburgh Airport
- the Government OR Service
- Ernst & Young
- Merkle | Aquila
- smaller specialised OR, finance, and energy companies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Optimization
- Fundamentals of Operational Research
- Methodology, Modelling and Consulting Skills
- Stochastic Modelling
- Python Programming
- Machine Learning in Python
- Optimization Methods in Finance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Risk Management View 267 other Masters in Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A UK 2:1 degree, or its international equivalent, in a numerate discipline such as mathematics, engineering, computer science, physical or biological sciences, economics or business.
- You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum programme requirements.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26300 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26300 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National14400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Part-time fees per year
- Home: £7,200
- International/EU: £13,150
Living costs for Edinburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- School of Mathematics funding
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.