Number of scholarships to award
- tuition fee reduction
Edinburgh College of Art (ECA) is delighted to announce the Andrew Grant PG Scholarships to applicants for postgraduate (PG) programmes in our five Schools: School of Art; School of Design; ESALA (Architecture and Landscape Architecture); History of Art; and the Reid School of Music.
Andrew Grant, born 1830 in Leith, was an established international businessman, liberal politician, landowner and an alumnus of the University of Edinburgh. Between 1907 and 1909, he gifted £10,000 towards the construction of the new Edinburgh College of Art (ECA) and left around £350,000 to The Andrew Grant Bequest, to benefit students of the college which it continues to do.
They are offering 10 scholarships, for the sum of £10,500 each. These awards will be tenable for one academic year and will be automatically deducted from your tuition fee with any remaining funds being awarded towards living costs.
All scholarship award holders are expected to be energetic members of our postgraduate community, and will engage with opportunities to present their work to the wider student and staff body during the period covered by their award.
- The scholarships will be awarded to new applicants who have applied for admission to a postgraduate taught Masters or Masters by Research degree programme of study at the University commencing in September 2023.
- Applicants must have, or expect to obtain, the equivalent of a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level.
- Both taught Masters and Masters by Research programmes are eligible for this award. Applications will be considered from UK/Overseas applicants wishing to study full-time/part-time/online distance learning programmes.
- Part-time students and students on PG programmes longer than one year may apply but must be aware that this funding is for one year only, therefore, students are advised to budget accordingly.
- Master of Architecture (March) applicants and MPhil applicants are not eligible to apply. Students who are already on programme are not eligible to apply.
Study experience required
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
DISCLAIMER – Subject to credit approval, loans are made by Bank of Lake Mills or MPOWER Financing, PBC. Bank of Lake Mills does not have an ownership interest in MPOWER Financing. Neither MPOWER Financing nor Bank of Lake Mills is affiliated with the school you attended or are attending. Bank of Lake Mills is Member FDIC. None of the information contained in this website constitutes a recommendation, solicitation or offer by MPOWER Financing or its affiliates to buy or sell any securities or other financial instruments or other assets or provide any investment advice or service. 2022 © MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation NMLS ID #1233542. 1101 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 900, Washington, DC 20036
© Prodigy Finance Limited 2007 - 2022. All Rights Reserved. Prodigy Finance Limited is incorporated in the United Kingdom (Company Number 05912562) with its registered address at 85 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7LT and registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner (Reg. No. Z9851854). Prodigy Finance is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (firm registration number 709641) for certain consumer credit activities. Prodigy Finance loans are offered to eligible borrowers and these loans are governed by English law.