Given the ever-increasing volume of data that businesses have access to today, there is a demand for employees who have computational and analytical skills and who can help inform business decisions to increase efficiency and ultimately build a competitive edge. The Business Analytics programme from The University of Edinburgh has been developed with just that in mind and aims to train you to understand:
- the variety of business environments
- the importance and relevance of decision-making problems facing organisations
- ways of solving these using a variety of techniques
What will I learn?
You will learn how to apply descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics of big data concepts and techniques to generate valuable insight that can assist with decision-making.
In sum, the programme aims to equip you with the skills required to interpret, conceptualise and convert Big Data into useful information, thus enabling you to make better informed decisions as future business managers.
It is anticipated that the demand for data analytics employees will continue and indeed grow as analytics is viewed as a key competitive resource by many companies. If market forecasts are anything to go by then the worldwide revenues for big data and business analytics will grow to more than $270 billion in 2022 (Source: IDC). This will inevitably lead to further growth of the market for employees in the area of data analytics.
The MSc in Business Analytics will offer students from a range of degree backgrounds the opportunity to equip themselves with an artillery of concepts, methods and applications of business analytics along with hands-on and practical experience in applying them to industry projects in different business settings. It is not just about being able to analyse and digest the data available but to then translate this into effective decision-making.
In sum, we expect the programme to open a range of career pathways in analytics for our graduates including:
- business consultants
- business analysts
- business intelligence & analytics consultants
- metrics & analytics specialists
- analytics associates
- data analysts
- solution architects
- business process analysts
- management consulting associates
- operational research consultants
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- All students attend and complete four core courses in Semester 1 and four option courses in Semester 2.
- The programme concludes with a 60-credit Dissertation.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- There are five application rounds.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business View 165 other Masters in Business Intelligence & Analytics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Entrance to our MSc programmes is strongly competitive. You can increase your chances of a successful application by exceeding the minimum programme requirements.
- A UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent in an area related to management science, operational research, statistics, econometrics, mathematics, physics, computer science, engineering, or business and management with a distinct quantitative content.
- Your background should ideally include courses and/or experience gained in topics such as linear algebra, calculus, probability, statistics, and computer programming.
- If you have a UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent in an unrelated subject we may consider your application if you have relevant work experience.
- Work experience is desirable but not mandatory.
- All students are recommended to have their own laptop for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26200 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA18200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18200 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.