Mastering these methods enables the graduates of the MHS program to evaluate healthcare and work with stakeholders and decision makers to identify relevant regulatory policies, strategies and interventions.
In a world where health systems are faced with constrained budgets while simultaneously trying to improve health, the skills provided by the MHS program are of increasing need.
The Master of Health Science in Health Economics and Outcomes Research from Johns Hopkins University is offered by the Department of Health Policy and Management in the Bloomberg School of Public Health within Johns Hopkins University.
Students enrolled in this program have the opportunity to take courses from several departments and from faculty with expertise in a variety of discipline-many of which are true leaders in the respective fields. Through their coursework, experience at seminars, and capstone projects, provides a multidisciplinary experience.
Graduates of this program are well positioned to pursue careers in academia, government, and industry. This program also prepares students for further doctoral training in economics and health policy.
Applicants should apply to the MHS in Health Economics in the Department of Health Policy and Management through SOPHAS.
- Academic & Research Ethics at JHSPH
- Epidemiologic Inference in Public Health
- Foundational Principles of Public Health
- Applied Microeconomics for Policymaking
- The Role of Qualitative Methods and Science in Describing and Assessing a Population's Health
- Economic Evaluation
- 9 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Administration Public Policy View 719 other Masters in Public Policy in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Johns Hopkins University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online application
- Official transcripts from EVERY college-level institution you attended (academic records from institutions outside the U.S. must undergo a credentials evaluation).
- Standardized test score (Please review for Covid-19 Pandemic related policies)
- English proficiency test score (TOEFL or IELTS), if applicable
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
International60960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60960 USD per year during 9 months.
National60960 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 60960 USD per year during 9 months.
Living costs for Baltimore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.