Students develop a firm grasp of climate change science and the potential impacts of climate change in this century and beyond. Moreover, they develop substantial expertise in energy law and policy making, as well as a working understanding of primary energy technologies, including both fossil fuel-based systems and renewable energy options.
The Master of Science in Energy Policy and Climate from Johns Hopkins University was originally designed by members of the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences at Johns Hopkins, in conjunction with experts in applied science at regional and federal institutes and agencies.
To earn the degree, you’ll complete 10 courses, including the capstone project—an opportunity to make an impact addressing a real-world energy or climate issue. In the capstone project, you’ll bring together the science, technological, law and policy knowledge learned during your coursework to create a final product and presentation to the environmental policy and climate community.
- Principles and Applications of Energy Technology
- Science of Climate Change and its Impact
- Climate Change Policy Analysis
- Energy and Climate Finance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesClimate Studies & Meteorology View 43 other Masters in Climate Studies & Meteorology in United States
- Complete the Online Application
- Upload the following required materials to the Online Application: 500-word Statement of Purpose, Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Submit the application and pay the $75 fee when you have uploaded all necessary materials (listed above).
- Upload unofficial copies of transcripts to the application.
- Mail in official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate coursework completed within the US only.
- If you have international coursework, send in the course-by-course credential evaluation.
- If English is your second language, you may be required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examination. Visit the International Applicants page to learn more.
International4089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4089 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
National4089 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4089 USD for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.