Educational policymakers, administrators, and practitioners increasingly turn to lawyers as they negotiate an ever-more complex policy environment, in which state and federal agencies are involved in local decision making in unprecedented ways. In turn, lawyers must understand how schools function as complex organizations and must master the basic tools policy analysts use when tackling social problems.
Stanford University Joint MA/JD in Law and Education program prepares leaders and scholars to address these challenges. JD/MA students begin their course of study in the School of Law. A number of courses taken in either the Law School or the Graduate School of Education may count towards the JD and the MA.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- One in Five: The Law, Policy, and Politics of Campus Sexual Assault
- Environmental & Resource Challenges on Native American Lands
- Pre-field Course for Alternative Spring Break
- Introduction to International Human Rights
- Law and Inequality
- Dilemmas of Regulating Race and Inequality in American Society
- Human Rights Advocacy
- Guns, Drugs, Abortion, and Empirical Evaluation of Law and Policy
- Public Service Internship Preparation
- Work and Family
- Hip Hop as a Universal Language
- Language, Identity, and the Power of Public Discourse
- Public Education and Schooling: The Great Equalizer or the Fiercely Competitive Field?
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation International Law View 3558 other Masters in Education in United States
- Applicants must hold, or expect to hold before enrollment at Stanford, a bachelor’s degree from a U.S. college or university accredited by a regional accrediting association.
- Applicants from institutions outside the U.S. must hold the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a college or university of recognized standing. See minimum level of study required of International applicants.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores are required of all applicants whose first language is not English.
- International students enrolled must be able to read English with ease, understand rapid idiomatic English as used in lectures and group discussions.
International22740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11370 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
National22740 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11370 USD per semester and a duration of 36 months.
Regular quarterly tuition
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.