The program fosters understanding of the connection between theory, research, and practice in the field of Special Education through coursework. This program also includes practicum & field experiences serving individuals with exceptional learning needs.
The program prepares graduates to deliver appropriate levels of service to individuals with exceptional learning needs in various settings. Graduates from this program have found positions in schools, clinical settings, or community agencies serving individuals with exceptional learning needs.
More informationVisit official programme website
- The full program of study for the Master of Education with an emphasis in Special Education is offered only at the Oxford campus.
- The program currently does offer some online, hybrid, and compressed video courses, but the majority utilizes the traditional face-to-face approach.
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesSpecial Education View 653 other Masters in Special Education in United States
Applicants to the program must meet these requirements:
- 3.0 GPA on last 60 hours of undergraduate work
- Results from a national standardized achievement/aptitude test predictive of the ability to complete a graduate program successfully. These include: Praxis II Content Scores (6 points higher than MDE Licensure requirement) or competitive Graduate Record Examination (GRE; all sections).
- Two (2) Graduate Reference Forms
- Undergraduate degree in Special Education, Education or closely related field
International1361 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1361 USD per credit and a duration of .
National475 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 475 USD per credit and a duration of .
The 2015-16 Special Programs & Scholarships Application is now available. Deadline to apply is February 15, 2015, with a priority date of January 5, 2015.The deadline to apply for admission and scholarships to Lott Leadership has been extended to January 19, 2015.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.