The degree may be added as an endorsement to a teaching license in either elementary or secondary education.
To achieve an endorsement in special education for licensure purposes; candidates must take 6 credits of SPED 584 Student Teaching. Candidates pursuing this degree must have taken SPED 540 within six years of beginning the master’s program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Research Design and Interpretation
- Research in Special Programs
- Advanced Human Development and Learning
- Aspects of Reading Difficulties
- Assessment of Students with Disabilities
- Multi-tiered Systems of Support
- Legal and Current Issues in Special Education
- Curricular Adaptations for Special Populations
- Best Practices in Teaching Students with Emotional Disturbances
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Teaching View 3547 other Masters in Education in United States
- Complete Graduate Student Application
- Submit Official Transcripts from all Institutions Attended
- Payment of Nonrefundable $40 Application Fee
- Submit Admission Test Scores - GRE
International1088 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1088 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
National540 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 540 USD per credit and a duration of 36 months.
The annual Graduate Studies Endowment Scholarships in honor of Drs. C. Robert Waterman, Helen Wilson and Robert McRae will be awarded in the spring. Outstanding graduate students will receive $1,000 each for the academic year as Waterman, Wilson and McRae Scholars. Need or current financial aid will not be considered in making these awards.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.