Along with legal language specialists and ASL interpreters, medical interpreters are currently in the highest demand among the public service linguists in the US. Underscoring this trend, medical institutions that receive federal funds are required as of January 1, 2011 to provide interpreting and translation services to patients with limited English proficiency.
This Interpreting and Translation Studies program at Wake Forest University provides solid preparation for those who intend to pursue a doctorate in this new field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Interpreting Studies
- Applied Translation Studies
- Discourse Organization and Interpreting
- Contrastive Spanish/English Grammar and Stylistics (language specific)
- Spanish Translation (language specific)
- Spanish-English Interpreting (language specific)
- Sociolinguistics and Dialectology
- Localization and Terminology
- Applied Research Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Translation & Interpreting Linguistics View 20 other Masters in Translation & Interpreting in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Each application, whether from a domestic or international applicant, is evaluated and considered on its own merits and academic qualifications. Consideration is also given to previous research experience, publications, and work performance.
- International applicants whose native language is not English are required to take the TOEFL or IELTS examinations
- Applicants whose native language is not English, but English was the primary medium of instruction at the public, undergraduate, or graduate school level, should include an official statement from their degree granting institution confirming that English was the medium of instruction. Once this statement has been received, the Graduate School will confirm by email or written document that the English requirement has been met.
International38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 12 months.
National38650 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38650 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Winston-Salem
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.