The mission of the Information Systems program at George Mason University is to allow students of diverse baccalaureate and professional backgrounds obtain a high-quality MS degree that
- Provides students with the theoretical knowledge and hands-on project experience needed to analyze, design, build, deploy, maintain, manage and promote effective organizational use of modern information systems;
- allows students to further specialize in related areas of big data, data knowledge engineering, decision support systems, web-based software engineering and information security assurance; and,
- prepares students for careers in information systems in large and small organizations in both industry and government.
Career paths open to graduates include systems analyst, data administrator, database administrator, information architect, systems architect, decision analyst, data warehouse administrator, database application developer, web-based information systems designer and developer, information engineer, knowledge engineer, chief information officer, chief knowledge officer, chief privacy officer and project manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
- Database Systems
- Principles and Practices of Communication Networks
- Information Systems Analysis and Design
- Database Programming for the World Wide Web
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBusiness Information Systems Software Engineering View 170 other Masters in Business Information Systems in United States
- Completed online application for graduate study and application fee
- An earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education, or international equivalent, verified from copies of unofficial transcripts uploaded to the online application Self-Service Center.
- Copies of unofficial university transcripts and any earned degree
- All transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States must be translated into English
- Verification of English language proficiency.
- Official GRE, GMAT, LSAT, or MAT or other official test scores
- Other supplemental materials specified by your academic program such as essays, departmental forms, portfolios, or interviews
International1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1412 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1412 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State639 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 639 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Fairfax
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.