We offer three distinct degree paths—Advanced Standing, Day and Extended Degree programs—to accommodate the personal and professional interests of our students as well as their educational backgrounds and work-life demands.
In 2019, the Social Work program from University of Washington was ranked No. 3 in the country out of more than 250 advanced social work programs. In 2017, the UW School of Social Work was ranked No. 1 in the world by the Center for University Rankings for its influential research and broad impact.
The MSW program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education and designed to prepare students seeking to innovate, lead and practice in a multicultural world facing complex social challenges.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intellectual and Historical Foundations of Professional Social Work Practice
- Poverty and Inequality
- Social Work for Social Justice: Developing a Personal-Professional Stance
- Foundations of Social Welfare Research
- Social Welfare Research and Evaluation
- Advanced Standing Social Welfare Research and Evaluation
- Micro/Meso Social Work Practice
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSocial Work View 341 other Masters in Social Work in United States
- Hold the minimum equivalent of a four-year baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution2 or a Bologna bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 180 European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) credits.
- All students confirming enrollment must provide an official (sealed) transcript and degree statement (with date of award & title of degree awarded) for verification to Graduate Enrollment Management Services (GEMS).
- Have earned at least a 3.0 grade-point-average (on a 4 point scale) from a regionally accredited college or university in the U.S.1 or its equivalent from a foreign institution
International37000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37000 USD per year during 24 months.
National10356 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10356 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Seattle
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.